- To contribute to public understanding of the function and importance of the capital markets in the Norwegian economy
- To contribute to the efficient functioning of the capital market within appropriate operating parameters
- To contribute to the provision of high quality financial analysis and to promote the proper treatment of information from issuers of public securities
- To contribute to the maintenance of high ethical standards in financial analysis, asset management, advisory services and trading in financial instruments
Ethical Principles for Financial Analysis
- Be familiar with the legislation, regulations and rules on ethical behaviour that are relevant to your work – and follow them.
- Pay careful attention to your client’s interests.
- Check whether you or your employer has a conflict of interest with your client. If in doubt – seek advice
- Ensure that confidential information is managed so that it does not fall into the hands of third parties.
- Be realistic in your valuations and advice. Never hide the risk factors.
- Adjust your advice in response to the recipient’s familiarity with the securities market.
- Try to prevent colleagues and partners breaking relevant rules on ethical behaviour and raise any possible breaches with them